photo AllZeDetails_navabout.png photo AllZeDetails_navfashion.png photo AllZeDetails_navslients.png photo AllZeDetails_navpress.png photo AllZeDetails_navcontact.png photo AllZeDetails_navshop.png

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

THE GRADUATE | GIFT GUIDE


Gig 'Em to any graduates that are Texas A&M bound - WHOOP! 

I truly feel for the class of 2020 having to both graduate and celebrate at home. As of current I am putting together gift baskets for graduates - which had me thinking. Where do I start? This was me graduating from Texas A&M University, above - and this list is a compilation of things that I remember loving when I went off to uni. 

I wanted to put together a gift guide of items I curated into a basket for a few graduates this year - which doesn't make up for their missing graduation, but simply let's them know I'm here - that we are here for them, that they are special and that this is an important time to commemorate.


The way I would look at it, if I were graduating again I wouldn't have to sit through the entire ceremony - My last name beginning with a "Z", but I also had an opportunity that not many get - I got to make the closing remarks at our graduation - a nerve wracking but incredibly amazing memory that I still look back on. This will definitely be a memory that graduates look back on. Something that absolutely no one expected, a moment in history - missing a graduation and still getting credit for it without having to sit through it. Another plus for graduates - maybe college won't start yet, and you'll still get the credit for it, eh? One can only wish! 


Here are the things that I am putting into gift baskets.


If you're here reading this and already got your gifts squared away for the graduate - why don't you add in a few more things while you're here? They're missing graduation for crying out loud, what's another gift? Hope you enjoy my Graduation Gift Guide! 

1. Gift Cards

Although many think it incredibly impersonal, I think it detrimental for someone starting college to get all of the gift cards they can. The graduates parents and the graduates couldn't express just how important these are to them for groceries, bedding, necessities, and food. All are greatly appreciated.
In Texas Whataburger, Chili's, Texas Roadhouse, H-E-B, Kendra Scott, Sephora, Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, and Wal-Mart, and just about any restaurant were requested from everyone.





2. James Avery Charms

Since I was little I received a James Avery charm for every important celebration commemorated on my charm bracelet. I now do the same for my nieces. James Avery has a personalized charm for everyone - initials and graduation caps. If it is someone that you are close to a charm bracelet, initial, graduation cap, or the year 2020 charm would be perfect - if not all on one bracelet. You can make it as incredibly personalized as you'd like.

3. New Alma Marter Apparel and Items
Each of the graduates I am purchasing for are all going to different universities. I selected ponchos for football games, apparel from their schools, anything with a logo on it from their new university I tossed into their basket. Check apps like Mercari and Poshmark. The shipping takes a little less time than it would ordering from other stores (if the purchaser you're buying from quickly puts it in the mail) and people are bored at home decluttering their homes, and willing to take offers at this moment on both of the apps. I found a few gems on these apps for awesome apparel for each of the universities that I was looking for, all brand new with tags. Everything was shipped to me quicker than shopping on Amazon and Target. Details & listings from the apps below. 



I am absolutely loving all of the one-of-a-kind items on Etsy
Including this Century Tree water color painting depicting the Century Tree at Texas A&M University. I have a Benjamin Knox (Aggie Artist, well known at Texas A&M University) Century Tree painting framed with my degree, it is my favorite spot on campus. 







Poshmark Credit: 
If you want to try out Poshmark use code ALLZEDETAILS for a $10 app credit - that's a gift right there, or will at least cover your shipping costs. Applies to new users only.

Mercari Credit: 
Sign up for Mercari here from your mobile device and receive a $10 app credit if you are new to the app. There's another gift, and or cost covered for your shipping. Here is the exact link: https://merc.li/dEFTHkb it may only work from your mobile device seeing that it is only an app. 

Use these app credits to shop the items below for graduates. 


Poshmark Listings 



4. Laundry Basket or Decorative Basket

For the base of your gift you can use a laundry basket (which comes highly recommended, espcially for dorms - you can find a nice one at Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, Marshall's or TJ Maxx.

5. Kendra Scott

For the girls - they absolutely love this jewelry brand. The new friendship bracelets are wonderfully priced, and come in just about every color. You can not go wrong with a Danielle or Elle earring - cute to throw on with any tee for a football game - casual enough to glam up university apparel. For the fashionista, the brand new Summer collection just hit stores.

6. Inspirational Books

Books with inspirational quotes, the classic "Oh The Places You Will Go" and similar books are perfect to add into the basket. One that I recently found is the perfect one to throw in alongside Dr. Suess - you've got the whimsy of a child - and the wisdom of an experienced author looking back on her twenties to play off of each other in one basket - isn't that the joy of college? You are in between a child, and reasonable adult. "The Rocket Years" by Elizabeth Segran. Sign the front cover on the inner of the book with an inspirational quote as opposed to gifting a card.






7. Towels, Clothing Hangers & Odds-and-Ends 
One thing that people overlook is the necessities. There's a cute wrap towel that the women can appreciate especially when getting ready. It's a simple wrap towel that is inexpensive but well appreciated and probably one of the most used things. Throwing in one or two bath towels, or hand towels could never hurt - especially for the boys going off to college who never think of it. I am well out of college and I still get messages saying "Hey! I still have that towel!" I gifted towels with their initials on it, and their uni mascot. If you can embroider at home, it's a great personal touch. A single towel hook for the wall might be nice, or a soap dish - things of that nature. Over-the-door towel hooks are also nice since you don't want to put holes in the wall at your apartment/dorm. All are linked in the gallery below for ideas. 

Market Dish Towels




8. Recipe Tin with Recipe Cards 
We all know college students don't have time to whip up anything - so a cookbook may just very well be useless. But a recipe card inserted into a recipe card tin might help - like simple recipes. How to create a quick velveeta dip, quick things to make on the go, maybe little tidbits for basic recipes will go a long way. Did you have a favorite in college? Something simple, basic & quick? Add it in, the graduate might appreciate it! 







9. Cooking Utensils 
Lord knows my roommates and I were not always prepared with utensils but we always had something to whip up a boxed cake. Add in measuring cups, a spatula, or oven mitts. Some grads may not have thought of that yet. BONUS - find cooking utensils with the University's logo or mascot. WINNING! Wal Mart always has the best easy-to-add-in plastic measuring cups - small enough to pop into a basket. It's not always a fun gift, but they'll appreciate it once they're off at college. 

A set of measuring cups to also serve as a decorative 
piece on the counter, nice that they stack to save space. 




10. Candles 
I've had mixed feed back on candles due to dorms not allowing candles, but if you were to add in a small candle I always burned my Capri Blue Volcano candle while studying & the scent is calming. It's still a favorite in my home. A little diffuser might be nice - that way incase the dorm room or dorm smell isn't pleasing - they can always pop a diffuser on the night stand. 



How beautiful is the idea of this diffuser as a bouquet for the graduate that they can keep with them at college? A celebratory bouquet for graduation that stays fresh and smells good as a diffuser in their apartment or dorm? Love the idea of this. Various scents & bouquets available. Click on the caption of the link above or the picture of the bouquet diffuser in the gallery below. 





11. Perfume 
Perfume with initials is an excellent idea - you have to really know the person to get the right scent, and to know if they'll really utilize this - or not. I did in college, and had my initials engraved. It was always a gift my Mother gave me, and now a tradition. I keep all of the perfume bottles to decorate on a tray, even after they are empty. One amazing scent is Florence Tocca - due to the shape of the bottle this option would not work for engraving, but Chanel Mademoiselle always looks lovely with the three initials engraved or full first name. Pendance is based out of Houston, and does an absolutely amazing job. 



12. Personalized Coffee Set 
I never was a coffee drinker until college. Give the graduate a personalized touch for their daily cup; With an initial mug, a tiny coffee make or french press, fresh coffee beans or sample sized coffee to give them a bit of coffee to sample to see what they like. If you're in Texas, H-E-B has small travel sized ground coffees for their own brand of coffee - my favorite is the San Antonio Blend. They have Hawaiian, San Antonio Blend, Houston Blend, Austin Blend, and various other flavors. Just an initial mug and a few small sized coffees will do. If they don't like coffee create a variety pack. The boxed Chai Latte from Starbucks is amazing (on the coffee aisle) just add milk and ice and it's a great option to add into a basket, or just add hot teas. Whatever floats the graduate's boat. Throw in some Cafe du Monde beignet mix. Now we're cookin'. 




Sharing is caring, share this gift guide with anyone needing ideas for graduate gift baskets. You can also DM me on instagram if I can send you any other specific items from apps or websites for a specific school. I can help you put together gifts for graduates if you message me @allzedetails

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative