photo AllZeDetails_navabout.png photo AllZeDetails_navfashion.png photo AllZeDetails_navslients.png photo AllZeDetails_navpress.png photo AllZeDetails_navcontact.png photo AllZeDetails_navshop.png

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Petites Maxi Dress Perfected






Alexandra Montoya Photography for All Ze Details

The first time I spotted this dress I fell in love with the print combo, I also fell in love with the fact that it came in petites and the length was absolutely perfect. I am not going to lie, the first time I saw this dress I thought of Martha Shaw; Noah Calhoun's love interest post/pre-Allie Hamilton. It reminds me of the wrap dress that Martha wears when we first meet her in the Notebook. I guess I have seen that movie a time-or-two to be reminded of a character's costume that we only see two-three times in the movie. So, there's my two-cents on how I felt about the dress first-glance. I think that costume designer, Karyn Wagner would have definitely styled Martha in this dress. 

Moving on from Martha. 

I love the unexpected ease and pattern play that this dress has to offer. Another thing? This dress is so easy to throw on and ultimately the easiest way to dress up this summer. The wrap design makes for an incredibly comfortable fit. I combined the look with a few pops of color, which is out of my comfort zone seeing that I tend to stick to an all-black wardrobe. 

This dress is an easy go-to and one of my favorite staples. 
I envision wine-tasting in Napa in this dress, traveling through Europe (an easy roll-up-and-go, pack light type of dress), and just a fun weekend go-to.



-Shop Ze Look-



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative